Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Narrow width HBB recommendations?

(5 Posts)
WalterandWinifred Fri 15-Jan-16 21:00:12

We've got DC3 on the way and have a Maxi Cosi Cabriofix and/or Cybex Sirona for them. DS1 is 6 and DS2 is almost 4 and they both have Kiddy Guardians.

We're looking to get a new/nearly new Volvo XC90 or Land Rover Discovery and neither car will fit those 3 seats across the back seats. (It's close in the Discovery but the two HBB are touching and don't look safe). I'd like the option of them being 3 across the back without using the second row seats if poss.

So, any recommendations for narrower HBB seats? DS2 is 17.2kg and has been using the Kiddy seat with the bumper bar but I'm happy for him to have a HBB. I don't want to change the baby seats unless we really have to. Any advice gratefully received before we go back to drawing board on cars!

boscros1 Sun 17-Jan-16 09:02:15

I have a Jane montecarolo, when doing my research it was the slimmest HBB I could find. It's 40cm, the next slimmest seems to be 45cm.

WalterandWinifred Sun 17-Jan-16 11:30:07

Thanks. I've just had a look and it looks like the Maxi Cosi Rodi Air seat might be narrower than that one. Did you come across that one?

MyBootsAreMuddy Mon 18-Jan-16 13:38:36

A friend of mine has 2 Britax Adventure hbb that look pretty narrow. She has them either side of an erf seat in her VW Passat estate. They don't have the 'horns' on them like other hbb so it makes it easier to get your hands down the side to access the buckle.

WalterandWinifred Mon 18-Jan-16 22:00:02

Thank you. I'll have a look at those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now