Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

group 1 car seat sale

(4 Posts)
littlem133 Wed 30-Dec-15 17:26:26

My little lad is 10 m old but something like 30lbs! We need to upgrade from the baby seat to a group 1+. Any recommendations or good sale finds?!

AliceMum09 Wed 30-Dec-15 19:18:36

The Joie Stages is reduced from £150 to £134 at quite a few places online (Kiddicare, Kiddies Kingdom, Precious Little Ones - I've bought online from all in the past with no issues). At 10 months he'd be much safer staying in a rear facing seat, and once the Joie Stages is outgrown rear facing at 18kgs it converts to a high backed booster that can be used until your son weighs 25kgs.

But given his weight (he weighs more than my DD2 who will be 4 in three months time), I'd urge you to look at the sort of seat-belt fitted seats that are sold on www.securatot.co.uk (you don't have to buy from there, but they sell a good range so you can compare them all on one site). If your son continues to put weight on at the same rate as he has done so far he's going to weigh 18kgs well before he's 4 - if you choose a forward facing seat now you have very little option but to buy him a high backed booster when he gets to 18kgs and it's just not safe for a 2 or 3 year old child to be sitting in the car with only the seatbelt holding him in.

There are currently only 2 forward facing seats that have a harness that can be used beyond 18kgs. These are the Britax Two Way Elite (can also be used rear facing to 25kgs and is only on sale at the In Car Safety Centre) and the Britax Advansafix. The Advansafix is forward facing only, and your car must have ISOFIX with a top tether point for it to fit.

AliceMum09 Wed 30-Dec-15 19:19:57

Oh, and you should probably buy a new seat fairly sharpish as the weight limit on an infant carrier is 13kgs/28lbs. It's not safe to use one if your baby weighs more than this.

littlem133 Thu 31-Dec-15 09:31:10

Thank you! That's really helpful. I shall start researching now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now