This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help! New mum to be car seat questions

(4 Posts)
Manthy16 Mon 28-Dec-15 17:56:56

Hi All... Sorry I'm a newbie to the boards and a newbie to motherhood! I'm expecting my first baby in March!

I have bought a Hauck viper trio set travel system (mainly because of practicality, price, look etc) from Precious Little One online (as I'm not a fan of shopping)!

It has now been recommended to me about car seat bases.. I have tried to research as much as I can about whether I can get a compatible base for the car seat I have already bought. I am struggling to find anything out and wondered whether the bases are recommended by mums.

I've tried asking a few people (I don't know that many with children but the ones that have children never used bases mainly because they weren't around).

So I just wondered what your thoughts are from experience of using the bases.. Or anyone who has this travel system etc.

Thank you in advance xx

Tiredandtorn Mon 28-Dec-15 22:41:49

Hi.
I had a silver cross car seat that I used a seatbelt with for dc1 and it was absolutely fine and once we were used to doing it it took no time at all to secure in the car.

For dc2 I bought a pebble with isofix base as it is much faster. With an impatient 2 year old with me for most car trips as well as dc2 simplicity was a key factor in shelling out for a new seat and the base.

Hope that helps.

AliceMum09 Tue 29-Dec-15 00:06:50

Unfortunately it doesn't look like there is a base for the Hauck infant carrier (from looking online and also at the online instruction manual for the seat). You'd need a Hauck base, they are not interchangeable between brands, and they don't make one.

Bases are just for convenience really, they are not a safety feature. Once you have practiced a few times you'll be able to fasten the seatbelt around the seat pretty quickly. I've had three children and never used a base for the infant carrier, largely because I had my first baby in 2005 and back then hardly anyone had a base, we all just belted the seat in each time.

Manthy16 Tue 29-Dec-15 21:30:42

Thank you both for the replies!

Very helpful. Think I will stick with what I have got for now and look into it further if needs be when the baby is here and see how it suits us xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now