Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

No carseat at the back vs booster at the front ?

(4 Posts)
Totallyoutoforder Tue 17-Nov-15 09:39:20

I am about to go back to work. A friend has offered to drive DC to school.
Distance from home to school : 5 minutes away if no traffic. 25 min is the longest time so far if traffic is bad. 30 min walking.
DC is 7yo, 24kg, 124cm tall.
Friend has already 2 DC in high back carseats at the back. My DC can squeeze in and wears a belt.
I wonder if sitting at the front on a booster seat wearing a belt would be safer ? I can provide a booster. WIBU to ask my friend ?

dementedpixie Tue 17-Nov-15 11:39:22

It's supposed to be safer in the back and it's legal for a 3rd child to sit without a seat in the back if you can't fit in a third seat. If they do go in the front the seat should be moved as far back from the dashboard as possible (if there is a passenger airbag present)

BertieBotts Tue 17-Nov-15 11:47:06

Check how he sits in the middle in the back. If the lap belt is flat across his legs, it's okay. If it's up on the soft part of his tummy, no, put him in the front with a booster.

You could also get a bubble bum in the middle to raise him up as they are narrow.

Totallyoutoforder Tue 17-Nov-15 13:17:42

Thank you Pixie and Bertie
I will check how DC sits in the middle at the back. If not good, I will ask my friend to take my booster and push back the front seat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now