Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

ERF for under £200 or safest FF seat help please!

(11 Posts)
AuntieMaggie Wed 04-Nov-15 17:15:10

So we bought DS an ERF seat for our car and DS was ok to continue using his baby seat in GPs car but has now outgrown it and needs a seat they can use maybe once a week when they babysit. I'd prefer them to have a RF one but obviously can't force them to fork out as much as we did for ours and it probably needs to be easy enough for them to put in and out of the car.

Can anyone help me with a recommendation?

Sirzy Wed 04-Nov-15 17:17:06

How old/heavy is he?

My nephew is in a joie stages seat which wasn't too expeinsive but seems very good and rear faces for a good while l

AuntieMaggie Wed 04-Nov-15 18:54:47

He's 16 months.

To make matters worse they have a Nissan which are apparently difficult in terms of getting car seats!

Erimemushinteperem Wed 04-Nov-15 18:56:20

The two way elite is light and easy to move and about 220 pounds I think.

AliceMum09 Wed 04-Nov-15 22:47:43

Definitely rear facing. The rear facing seat my DD2 (aged 3) has is a Which? 'Don't Buy' (for ridiculous reasons!) and I would use that any day over the most expensive forward facing 'Best Buy' seat.

Marsis Fri 06-Nov-15 15:07:34

Groovy style baby have the joie ianchor for £175 atm can be used rf or ff. It is isofix or belted so pretty versatile for fitting.

FloJo151 Sat 07-Nov-15 18:40:08

do they have isofix? if not then one og the joie seats may work but you need to be careful of buckle crunch. is the stalk part of their seatbelt floppy or does it sit snug into the seat? The joie seats fit with a seatbelt in a similar way to a baby seat so are relatvily easy to fit. It would be best though to take their car to have a seat fitted to ensure it fits properly.

lanbro Sat 07-Nov-15 18:50:07

I have kiddiecare own brand RF/FF for my girls which are about £80. They are easy to install and fit in my Nissan.

BertieBotts Sat 07-Nov-15 18:55:20

Joei Stages, out and out winner - it's under budget and rear facing. I'd check in the car if you can though.

Lanbro those won't do the OP because they only rear face to 10kg and at 16m her DS is likely to be over 10kg.

Snossidge Sat 07-Nov-15 19:03:07

I have an isofix one by Hauck, it rear faces til 18kg or can forward face. It can be belted in too, but I saw recently in some tests at higher speed it didn't perform so well forward facing when belted.

lanbro Sat 07-Nov-15 19:04:11

Oops sorry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now