Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Infant seat legal in UK and NZ?

(4 Posts)
ThinkIveBeenHacked Thu 30-Jul-15 18:53:57

A friend living in NZ is planning a move back to the UK when her baby (unborn as of yet) is about seven months old. She asked today about which carseats I might know of which would be legal in NZ and the UK.

The only seat I could think of as quite "universal" was Maxi Cosi (she also wants a seat which clicks onto a pram/buggy chassis).

Can anyone suggest any makes and models, as I know there are some MNers who have travelled between UK and NZ.

specialsubject Fri 31-Jul-15 14:53:48

sounds like a serious case of 'why waste fuel?'

sell the NZ seat, have another one waiting here in the UK. Don't lug it across the planet!

AliceMum09 Fri 31-Jul-15 18:33:49

If the baby's going to be about 7 months then she'd be best with an infant carrier in NZ and then buying a bigger rear facing seat in the UK.

JellyTipisthebest Sun 02-Aug-15 01:38:26

If she buys a eu seat in NZ its legal and safe to use in uk. She could try www.babyonthemove.co.nz She need to check individual seat as they do sell american maxi Cosy seat here. Going form nz to uk I would rent a seat here from baby on the move. Seats here are exspensive but sometimes you do end up getting them for close to or cheaper than the uk. The britax dualfix at the moment works out at £400 not sure I would want to risk it on the plan though. If she is planning on buying the baby a seat on the plane I would get the britax one or the maxi cosy one as they can be used on the plane (carry type seats) On the website above you can search by standard and she need to look at ece which are the safest seats in the world anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now