Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Group 1/1+, rear-facing and can be moved easily between cars

(7 Posts)
eurochick Sun 26-Jul-15 21:13:30

Do any seats fit these criteria, or are we going to have to buy two seats? At the moment we have the Maxi Cosi Pebble. We use it with the isofix base, our nanny fixes it with seatbelts. This works really well. Is there anything that will do similar for the next stage? All of the rear-facing Group 1 seats I have looked at seem to come with a fixed base as the only option.

Milkyway1304 Sun 26-Jul-15 21:16:56

I did a lot of research about this and the britax 2 way elite was recommended. We ended up biting the bullet and getting 2 seats as we preferred the isofix base (maxi cosi 2 way pearl). It's actually quite easy to move the base and seat though- I move it between 3 cars when home in Ireland regularly.

eurochick Sun 26-Jul-15 21:22:22

Thanks for you answer. Is it really easy to move? We'd be doing it several times a week. We had a right faff fitting out isofix base when we bought it.

Milkyway1304 Sun 26-Jul-15 22:07:23

It is pretty easy, I would move it every few days when in Ireland. Takes about 5mins. Take a look at YouTube videos maybe? The two way elite looks good also mind. I do miss the very easy group 0 seats!

eurochick Mon 27-Jul-15 02:37:09

Thanks. That's reassuring.

JellyTipisthebest Mon 27-Jul-15 03:13:33

If your nanny has isofix I would try and get one that fits both cars, although they are heavier that the first type. Does your nanny normally just put the baby in and carry him/her out in it. If she does fitting a bigger seat in while watching a child can be tricky. There is no perfect solution.

You could get a maxi cosy two way pearl and get two bases

Or any isofix seat that fits and another lighter one. Put it in the nannies car for the week get it out at the week end but you will still have the other seat if you need to take the child out.

I have a maxway it is not isofix light to move easy ish to put in as long as each car has tethers fited. It is rock solid not going to move at all. When I got it I was going to take it out each week. (i am a childminder) I only take it out now if we are going on a family outing as I have got it in so well this time.

Eminybob Mon 27-Jul-15 04:50:01

I have a Joie Stages which can be rear facing until the age of 4, or forward facing until 7. Not sure what group it is, poss 0,1,2.

Anyway, it is seatbelt fitted only and really easy to take in and out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now