Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

car seats

(4 Posts)
fredfreda19 Sun 12-Jul-15 17:14:56

hi need help do you have to have car carrier as l want to put the baby into car seat from birth to 4 from hospital

AliceMum09 Sun 12-Jul-15 20:20:57

People will tell you all sorts of stories, and it does vary from hospital to hospital so you are best checking with them.

Personally, I've had 3 babies in the Jessop Wing in Sheffield and each time I have carried them out in my arms (with no midwife supervision) to our birth-4 years car seat that was fixed in the car. With DD2 it was blowing a gale and snowing!

fredfreda19 Tue 14-Jul-15 21:16:21

just that my daughter is having twins and we want to keep the cost down and we are on about getting the 0 to 4 years car seat as when l had twins we could carry them out in our arms .look like taunton hospital in somerset, you HAVE to use the carry seat but l was finding if that true

foxmitten Tue 14-Jul-15 21:37:37

I have a 0-4 seat and carried my baby out to the car, inside my coat because it was pissing down with rain and freezing cold. Nobody said anything. I was worried beforehand, I think I even wrote a thread on here about it, but by the time I was leaving hospital it didn't even cross my mind to ask. I guess I would have said that a member of staff was welcome to accompany us to the car if they felt so inclined,I doubt they would have agreed in that weather!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now