Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Didn't expect to grow out of RF so soon!

(8 Posts)
MoreSnowPlease Sun 07-Jun-15 07:23:20

My nearly 3 year old ds is in a britax TWE. But his head is just over the top of it. Am I right in thinking I can let it get to when his ears are at the top of the seat but then it's finished? He's not 25kg or anywhere near! About 18kg at a guess. I also have a 10 month old ds whose coming to the top of his baby seat. So what do I do? What's the next stage up from the twe?

MoreSnowPlease Sun 07-Jun-15 07:42:42

Weight is wrong he's actually around 16kg

glorious Sun 07-Jun-15 07:54:26

If he's rear facing it's top of head, forward facing it's ears. Can't help on next stage as not there yet but perhaps you could ring In Car Safety centre or somewhere to see if there's a rf seat that's longer in the back?

MoreSnowPlease Sun 07-Jun-15 10:08:24

Oh, I thought it was the other way around!

glorious Sun 07-Jun-15 19:45:36

Top of head definitely applies to infant carriers, but perhaps I'm wrong about erf. Will check mine later...

SomethingFunny Sun 07-Jun-15 19:47:51

Pretty sure it's level with ears in ff. not sure about ERF.

glorious Wed 10-Jun-15 17:36:42

My manual for erf be safe izi combi says it's outgrown when the shoulder straps don't go high enough, which is no help!

hotdog74 Sat 04-Jul-15 20:59:33

Hi,

I have my 4 year old RF in a TWE and emailed the in car safety centre this exact question last year. Their reply copied below:

"She can stay rearward facing in the 2-Way until her eye line is at the top of the seat. No particular height as some children are much longer in the leg than the body so just check by your eye. If you are unsure when she get much bigger you can always email us a photograph so we can give our opinion"

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now