This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

High back booster for a renault Zoe?

(5 Posts)
SirBobblysock Fri 29-May-15 20:53:41

Hi just wondering on the offchance if anyone has a Renault Zoe and uses a high back booster for a child between 130 and 140 cm? We test drove one today and had a problem that the "wings" of the headrest of our Britax kidfix couldn't extend high enough for our 7 year old as the curve of the roof got in the way. We could obviously use a backless booster but we'd rather not.

SirBobblysock Fri 29-May-15 23:28:44

bump

SurlyCue Fri 29-May-15 23:34:14

That seems odd! Assuming the head support part is to support/protect a child's head, if it cant extend fully then surely that would mean the child or an adult couldnt have their head positioned normally without it hitting the roof of the car?

AliceMum09 Sat 30-May-15 17:28:31

It's not the height of the roof that's the problem, it's the way the sides of the car bend in to meet the roof (we used to have a Renault Scenic 2003-2009 model with the same problem - we got rid of it when our oldest child was 6 and the headrest on his Britax Adventure was already as high as the car would allow).

Is the Zoe a small car? Would using the high backed booster in the middle of the back seat be an option. That's the only solution I can think of, other than a backless booster (which I would not be happy with either)

SirBobblysock Sat 30-May-15 17:59:25

Hi Alice - yes, that's exactly the problem, although the roof is quite low as well because it's an electric car which means the battery is underneath which raises the height of the floor. It is quite a small car and the centre position has no isofix - my other daughter would be quite squashed if we put the seat in the middle. It could go in the front seat but I'm not really happy about that either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now