Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

19kg Toddler

(4 Posts)
ylimet Mon 18-May-15 22:16:35

My son is 3 yrs 4 months and weighs 19kg. He is in a Maxi Cosi Tobi. I note that the max weight is 19kg. Do I need to move him into a new seat now? He still fits in it fine, straps for fine, head is supported etc. He is 102cm so not a massive lad. How much does weight matter? What is the effect of being too heavy for a car seat?

poocatcherchampion Mon 18-May-15 22:18:39

Yes you need to move him. It might not support his body in a crash.

I suggest a britax two way elite - goes up to 25kg harnessed. Couple of others around too

ylimet Mon 18-May-15 22:54:35

Thanks poocatcher (not a phrase I thought I would type tonight).

The Britax is a little out of my price range. Does anyone have any other recommendations. Really not keen on him just using a booster and normal seatbelt.

TeaPleaseBob Tue 19-May-15 13:38:16

Britax two way elite (rear of forward facing) and Britax maxway (rear facing only) are 2 of the cheapest harness to 25kg seats at approx £200.

The weight limit for the maxi cosi tobi is 18kg not 19kg so you really should not use it. A high back booster will be safer than ignoring weight limits of your current car seat although not ideal.

I don't think there's a cheaper 5 point harness option past 18kg unfortunately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now