Talk

Advanced search

Confused about car seat regulations? We've spent hours researching and testing the best car seats on the market. Read our reviews of baby car seats, toddler car seats and booster seats to find out which ones are worth investing in.

3 car seats!!

(3 Posts)
Katehamesuk Wed 04-Feb-15 23:04:45

Does anyone have any advice about fitting 3 car seats in the back? I have a 4 year old, 21 month old and due in June 2015! I'm just wondering how I'm going to fit the car seats in my car.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

AliceMum09 Wed 04-Feb-15 23:24:59

Well, start with the seats you have and see if they will fit. I take it you still have an infant carrier (or whatever seat you used for your older two as babies), does it fit alongside the seats that you have now?

If not, you need to try and find new (narrow!) car seats, or maybe a new car! What car do you have now? I have three children in car seats, but we bought a new car when I was pregnant with the third. It's a Peugeot 5008, so it has three separate equal-width seats in the middle row and fits three child seats easily (with room to reach the seatbelt buckles).

You just need to try out a few combinations, and maybe try with an infant carrier both on a base and without (the height of the seat on a base might mean it won't fit next to another seat, but lower down without a base it might slot in better 'underneath' the edge of the seat next to it).

Ihateparties Thu 05-Feb-15 13:42:48

If you're happy with your car definitely try your own seats first. Try them in different positions as it can make quite a difference to the fit. If you haven't looked specifically for narrow ones in the past then it's fairly likely they won't fit together very well.

I found the britax babysafe fits well between other seats because of the location of the handle, the widest points tends to be forward of the other seats. The joie tilt is a narrow 0+/1 seat, as is the steadi, the britax prince is also quite narrow but doesn't rear face.

If your 4yo is in a hbb then the jane montecarlo and britax adventure are narrow, sometimes one fits where the other doesn't, they are quite different shapes. Halfords do an essential grp 2-3 hbb that is the narrowest I have found. Side wings are not massive but are better than the graco version which is the most comparable thing.

Also even if the seats fit consider how easily you can do up the belt and undo them in case of emergency. Often I've found the belts, the spacing of them and what the stalks are like has made as much difference as the literal width of the car to how well a combination works.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: