Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Best car seat for 4 +?

(8 Posts)
dannyboyle Sun 25-Jan-15 16:20:30

We are looking for two car seats for our children, ideally the same. We want to try and find the best quality in terms of safety that we can without getting an additional mortgage. Does anyone have advice or know what Witch recommends?

We need age 4+, ideally black/ charcoal, good safety and that has isofix. If any recline at all that might be a bonus for long journeys.

Many thanks

dannyboyle Sun 25-Jan-15 16:23:18

Which! Sorry for typo!

MuscatBouschet Sun 25-Jan-15 16:33:01

We have maxi cosi rodifix (I think that's what it's called). Has isofix but can also use with just seatbelt in grandparents car etc. easy to get in and out. I'm not sure whether it reclines. I think it does a tiny bit but we never do it. Don't want my 4 yo sleeping by day!

AliceMum09 Sun 25-Jan-15 19:08:42

You're not going to find anything with much of a recline. Otherwise, in the event of a crash if the child were reclined a lot they would just slide out under the seatbelt.

I like the Britax range of high backed boosters.

dannyboyle Sun 25-Jan-15 19:29:18

Thank you both. Understand about the reclining issue and interesting that you don't use it anyway. And yes we were looking at maxi cosi and britax. Am guessing they are probably as good as each other!

Booboostoo Sun 25-Jan-15 19:40:53

Cybex have a great design which supports the head when they sleep.

AprilShowers15 Tue 27-Jan-15 09:08:43

I agree with boohoo, the Cybex Q Fix is a great seat - I used to work in a small pram shop and they were popular because they were so comfy and they get wider as you make the back higher so kids were lasting longer

AbbyCadabby Tue 27-Jan-15 09:26:51

We have incarsafetycentre.co.uk/product/iZi-Plus-black/, so our child can be rear-facing for as long as possible.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: