Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What car seat for my 7yr old giant?

(3 Posts)
joe1988 Fri 23-Jan-15 18:09:42

My 7yr old (nearly 8) son is using a backless booster seat at the moment. I've read recently that kids are much safer in the seats with a back and sides, so I was thinking of going back to that type for him.

I've just tried him in his little brothers seat - a big/heavy Britax group 2-3 one - and he can't get his shoulders in. He's about 130cm tall and weighs 35kg, so he's nearly at the weight limit for these seats anyway. Hes a muscley boy not a fat boy so I can't even starve him to make him fit.

The little one will be going in the middle of our new car, with this one and a teenager either side.

So, what's the safest thing to put him in or on?

ThinkIveBeenHacked Fri 23-Jan-15 18:13:14

At that weight, you would get no use out of a high back booster so just stick with the booster cushion.

Sit him in the seat behind the passenger seat (safest seat)

joe1988 Fri 23-Jan-15 18:20:28

I can't see any alternative myself, but thought it worth asking in case I've overlooked something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now