Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Recaro Monza nova IS - advise please

(6 Posts)
agoodbook Wed 07-Jan-15 10:35:35

DGS is 2.4 , tall and 16kg. We are moving over an isofix rf britax at the moment from DD' s car to ours when we pick him up to babysit.
Looking at which? reviews the Recaro Monza Nova 2 has a good review, but we think the impact shield one would be better.
Just having cold feet at him being too young for it - should we carry on with the 5 point harness for longer ?
I'm okay with ff as long as its isofix now he's a bit older, but we don't have vast amounts of money to spare buying one that is used once a week, unless it will last.
Would it be better to just carry on as we are ,and buy something in a year /18 months ?
thoughts please, though writing it down has made my mind up i think smile

agoodbook Fri 09-Jan-15 09:22:17

anyone?

sockmatcher Mon 12-Jan-15 11:49:26

He's still really young to forward face so if you can keep him in that RF seat that's best.

Impact sheild aren't the best to be honest. I'll find a link

agoodbook Mon 12-Jan-15 12:48:59

Thanks!

sockmatcher Mon 12-Jan-15 12:52:53

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=HcOzVJTPNanD7gbA2YDQDw&url=http://www.sikkerautostol.dk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Safety-Performance-of-Shield-Systems-in-Comparison-to-5-Point-Belt-Syste....pdf&ved=0CDIQFjAE&usg=AFQjCNG60iFJT8MmaGYNJ1QhjEJp1xv3Bg&sig2=emD0Zv1yaw5QMPqK8LNJ7A

Bit wordy. Scroll to conclusion

agoodbook Mon 12-Jan-15 14:44:47

Its so conflicting isn't it - the which? has put the Recaro seat as best - DD is also looking at the Cybex pallas m fix which comes out in April, but somewhat more expensive. Our discussion is about 2 of her friends having same age children starting to click open the 5 point harness relatively easily. As I am in the car by myself with him, rear facing, that boggles me a bit on a 40 minute car journey!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now