Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Recaro Monza nova IS - advise please

(6 Posts)
agoodbook Wed 07-Jan-15 10:35:35

DGS is 2.4 , tall and 16kg. We are moving over an isofix rf britax at the moment from DD' s car to ours when we pick him up to babysit.
Looking at which? reviews the Recaro Monza Nova 2 has a good review, but we think the impact shield one would be better.
Just having cold feet at him being too young for it - should we carry on with the 5 point harness for longer ?
I'm okay with ff as long as its isofix now he's a bit older, but we don't have vast amounts of money to spare buying one that is used once a week, unless it will last.
Would it be better to just carry on as we are ,and buy something in a year /18 months ?
thoughts please, though writing it down has made my mind up i think smile

agoodbook Fri 09-Jan-15 09:22:17

anyone?

sockmatcher Mon 12-Jan-15 11:49:26

He's still really young to forward face so if you can keep him in that RF seat that's best.

Impact sheild aren't the best to be honest. I'll find a link

agoodbook Mon 12-Jan-15 12:48:59

Thanks!

sockmatcher Mon 12-Jan-15 12:52:53

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=HcOzVJTPNanD7gbA2YDQDw&url=http://www.sikkerautostol.dk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Safety-Performance-of-Shield-Systems-in-Comparison-to-5-Point-Belt-Syste....pdf&ved=0CDIQFjAE&usg=AFQjCNG60iFJT8MmaGYNJ1QhjEJp1xv3Bg&sig2=emD0Zv1yaw5QMPqK8LNJ7A

Bit wordy. Scroll to conclusion

agoodbook Mon 12-Jan-15 14:44:47

Its so conflicting isn't it - the which? has put the Recaro seat as best - DD is also looking at the Cybex pallas m fix which comes out in April, but somewhat more expensive. Our discussion is about 2 of her friends having same age children starting to click open the 5 point harness relatively easily. As I am in the car by myself with him, rear facing, that boggles me a bit on a 40 minute car journey!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: