Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Maxi Cosi vs Hauck Duett 0+ car seat

(3 Posts)
aneesa28 Tue 06-Jan-15 10:46:35

I have been browsing 0+ car seats for a few days and am completely at a loss with the wide selection available and all the safety considerations to make before finalising a purchase. I have been advised that the Maxi Cosi (Cabriofix?) is the "safest" car seat from birth, however I quite like the look and features of the Hauck Duett which has a safety rating of EC4 and weighs a lightweight 3.5kg.

I would greatly appreciate any advice and opinions which could help in making an informed decision!

Squtternutbaush Tue 06-Jan-15 12:09:36

I haven't seen the Hauck duett car seat in person but I did use an older model of theirs which looks very similar, the Hauck Zero Plus, and found it very wide so struggled to fit it easily in some cars and the back wasn't particularly long so if we'd have used it long term (we were borrowing from a friend whilst on holiday) it wouldn't have lasted more than 10 months I reckon.

With our second we used the Cabriofix full time and found it really easy to fit, it lasted until 16 months because its a long seat and it generally seemed much more supportive.

Could you see them both in store somewhere or if you have cash ATM order both and return one then you could see which fits your car best smile

aneesa28 Tue 06-Jan-15 13:09:41

Great feedback @Squtternutbaush, thank you for the informative response!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now