Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Besafe erf

(4 Posts)
Haribolover Mon 29-Dec-14 21:08:18

Decided DD will definitely have a erf seat. The questions I have are:
1. DD still fits in her group 0 seat in terms of height and is way off weight limit as though normal height is skinny and on 0.4/2nd centile. However, we need another seat for when I go back to work in Jan. Reluctant to spend money and buy another group 0 and the besafe erf seats say suitable from 6 months. Are they as safe as a group 0 seat fir DD at 12 months?

2. Was set on getting the besafe kid isize. However, have seen the besafe combi seat which has an option of going ff if wanted. Now can't decide what to get- the kid seems newer and passed the most recent safety tests. The combi gives the option of ff if required. Would have a dilemma doing this as know it's not safest thing but don't know anyone with erf to know if dd could hate being rear facing. Don't want to end up having a buy a ff seat in a year or two as the kid or combi aren't cheap options.

Rodion Tue 30-Dec-14 15:16:00

I would say that as she hasn't experienced forward facing yet then you don't need to worry about her hating it - she doesn't know any different.

As far as I know, they are just as safe as a group 0 seat. I think all the BeSafe seats are great in terms of safety (so long as she's in the weight range). Having said that, we avoided the combi seat after reading that when used in a ff facing position, combi seats are less safe than the best exclusively ff seats (I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can confirm/deny that though as I've no memory about where I read it smile.

Anyway, that put us off combi seats and we went for the BeSafe Izi Plus (up to 25kg so will last for ages) which is fab. Also have the BeSafe Kid iSize and love that too...

NitramAtTheKrap Tue 30-Dec-14 15:30:22

1. Just as safe

2. Don't use it ff. it is a seriously heavy seat designed for rf, even if it has the option of ff. Neither of mine have ever ff yet, 6 and 3. They don't 'not like it' because they know no different.

I have had 2 izi combis, but only ever used rf. really good seat.

captaincake Tue 30-Dec-14 20:53:58

I have the besafe isize and love it. We started using it at 6 months and I see no reason why it's not just as safe, we got it from the in car safety centre and asked that question and they said it was just as safe for DS as his infant carrier. When we ff I'll use one designed for ff rather than a combi personally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now