Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Booster seat for 15.2kg 3year old

(6 Posts)
Ruperta Sun 28-Dec-14 15:20:39

I have a bit of a predicament. I have a 15 month old who is well and truly ready to move out of his rear facing baby seat and a 3yrs 4 month year old who is going to be ready to hand down his forward facing prince britax seat shortly.

Since having DS2 I have become aware of the benefits of rearfacing but it would be prohibitively expensive to buy DS2 a brand new rear facing seat and DS1 a new booster seat when I have a fully functioning forward facing seat that can be handed down to DS2.

My issue is that although DS2 is ready to move up to the next seat is DS1 too young for a booster seat? He is 15.2kg so I know he meets the weight criteria but booster seats say 4yrs+

What booster seats would you recommend for DS1, I would like to get him one as safe as possible, but within a reasonable budget - I'm so confused!

ilovepowerhoop Sun 28-Dec-14 16:50:19

he should really be harnessed until he is 18kg. Could you get one of them a 123 seat and then they could stay harnessed until 18kg at which point the harness could be removed and they can use it as a booster seat?

ilovepowerhoop Sun 28-Dec-14 16:51:03

p.s. we had the britax evolva 123 for ds

bonzo77 Sun 28-Dec-14 16:55:08

I would probably get another group 1 seat for now. I know it's an expensive option. I was in this situation, and got an ERF seat for ds2. Ds1 stayed in his group 1 until the last minute, and now it's used as a spare for my parents to use in their car.

Janek Sun 28-Dec-14 17:06:00

Yes, evolva 123, perfect solution, brilliant carseat, particularly for a 3-year-old.

Ruperta Sun 28-Dec-14 17:34:22

Brilliant. I knew mumsnet would come to the rescue - thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now