Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Car seat confusion!

(6 Posts)
malicem Sat 22-Nov-14 16:35:47

Hi all, I've just bought a Bebe Confort Loola travel system second hand for my first child expected Feb '15, but it did not have the car seat base included.

I can't seem to find one for sale on its own, but not sure if I need a specific one for this car seat or if there's a standard one that fits all Bebe Confort car seats...? I've tried researching but it's making my head hurt with info overload (and not the info I need)!

Does anyone have one / had experience with these and know the answer? Would be very grateful for any help!! smile

CountingThePennies Sat 22-Nov-14 16:46:50

The best thing to do is go into a pram store and ask them

AliceMum09 Sun 23-Nov-14 00:24:50

I don't think it needs a base, you should be able to fasten it in with the seatbelt. If it's the Creatis infant carrier I don't think they even make it any more, so you'd not be able to buy a new base anyway.

Squtternutbaush Thu 27-Nov-14 20:13:23

Maxi Cosi took over Bebe Confort a few years back now and they discontinued this seat so you won't be able to buy a base although I'm not sure you ever could.

To be honest you're probably best buying a new seat as the position of these wasn't great for newborns plus the seat itself was a bugger to fit properly apparently

Maxis1 Fri 19-Dec-14 06:56:44

Can anyone office me some advice which seat might be best suited for me.
I alredy have a pram and I dont really intend to get another one before the baby is old enough to sit but the car seat is still the big question mark for me.

In the fist 6 weeks I will be living in the city. Since I have no car of my own will take taxi to and from hospital, the 2 weeks checkup and between 5-6 weeks to the airport and thats about it.
afterwards I will fly to my parents and will be on he motorway for about 3 hours before we get home with the baby. Once there I will be taking the baby in a Peugeot 206 with no rear doors most of the time.

Which car seat would be good for me and why?

Thanks for the advice!

madwomanacrosstheroad Tue 30-Dec-14 03:45:47

Yes, the looks had the creatis seat. Looked at it when dd2 was on the way 9 yrs ago. Had a looks after dd 2 (5yrs ago). At that stage it was maxi cosi and creatis was discontinued. Dont think there ever was a base for the creatis, however would be concerned about age of a.creatis car seat as plastic deteriorates with age. Also do you know the exact history of the seat. I get everything 2nd hand, except for car seats. You will not know from a visual inspection whether it has been in a crash or maybe fallen when taking it out of the attic for next baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now