Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

15kg DD3, 5 yo, 105 cm tall.

(4 Posts)
duchesse Fri 14-Nov-14 10:16:38

Am about to change DD3's car seat. She's currently in the Britax First Class she's been in since 12 mo (she was rear-facing till 2) but is getting too tall for even though she's still in the weight limits.

I'm researching a next stage up car seat and can't decide whether to go for one with an impact shield which is designed for up to 18 kg (ie maybe another 2 years for her) or whether to bypass impact shields entirely.

My current choice is between the Kiddy Guardian (with impact shield, suitable from 9 mo, with impact shield to 18 kg) and the Kiddy Cruiser (without, suitable form 15kg/age 4).

What do you think?

EauPea Fri 14-Nov-14 10:49:21

Have you had a look at Recaro Young Sport.

At your Dd's weight you could still use the 5 point harness.

It is also height adjustable as she gets taller.

duchesse Fri 14-Nov-14 10:56:35

I was quite taken by that one in Halfords Eaupea, but I understand it wasn't rated especially highly by Which?- its main failing was lack of protection in a head on collision.

EauPea Fri 14-Nov-14 11:04:57

OOO that's scary, when we got it for Dd, it had one of the best ratings. I wonder what has changed for it to be down graded?

Off to do a spot of googling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now