Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best and safest car seat without isofix?

(6 Posts)
Bobian123 Wed 29-Oct-14 14:08:36

Would really welcome any suggestions!

We currently have a maxicosi pebble and my 1 yo DS is fast growing out of it. We'd ideally like to get a car seat that can be both belted in AND used with isofix. We're trying for DC2 at the moment so will need the isofix for them. Def don't want to shell out for another isofix base!

So....does anyone have any recommendations for a seatbelt only or seatbelt/isofix combo?

Huge thanks in advance!

Doodledot Sat 01-Nov-14 20:32:37

Maxi cosi priori, Tobi etc all rate well

hollie84 Sat 01-Nov-14 20:58:57

Rear facing seats will be safest.

BlinkAndMiss Sat 08-Nov-14 21:54:47

Britax Eclipse is good. Most Group 1 seats have the isofix built into them rather than having a separate base, there is a Britax seat which does both but can't remember which one.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sat 08-Nov-14 21:59:25

A correctly fitted belted carseat is equally as safe as a correctly fitted isofix base. Having Isofix doesnt therefore make the seat safer.

Rear facing for under fours is safest. Id go for a good extended rear facing seat that best fits your car, regardless of isofix

Bobian123 Thu 20-Nov-14 20:18:10

Agh - so sorry guys, I thought I had typed a "thank you" response. No idea if anyone is still watching, but thanks v much anyway!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now