Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

WARNING !! babystart/nania/kiddicare seats score 0 !

(7 Posts)
natureplantar101 Mon 27-Oct-14 18:59:15

knew this already but my friend shared a dailyfail link saying they have scored 0 by which shock ans argos are still selling them angry they go by the names of babystyle, nania, obaby mickey/minnie mouse/tatty teddy they have a particular style/shape that makes them distinctive please warn any friends or family too throw them away in the testing the top part of the straps failed and the dummybwas flung out with only the lap belt stopping then coming out completely

natureplantar101 Mon 27-Oct-14 19:23:34

babystart not babystyleblush

AliceMum09 Mon 27-Oct-14 21:03:20

There are two big discussion threads on this Facebook page about this issue

https://www.facebook.com/RearFacingToddlers?fref=photo

natureplantar101 Mon 27-Oct-14 21:45:58

its amazing how many are asking bstch numbers and calling it a hoax etc angry angry those "parents" make me so mad putting a price on safety and basically saying they will carry on using the seats because to them its a joke because they are too immature and denial to understand that a £35 seat is about as useful as a roll of bubblewrap angry angry angry angry sp mad after reading that also working a drive through i see so many of these seats wrongly fitted or not strapped in etc or the wrong way round shock shock hope this does open peoples minds to buying seats like maxi cosi instead of this cheap rubbish that can kill

Ijustworemytrenchcoat Mon 27-Oct-14 23:41:55

I will never understand how somebody could look at these seats and think they are safe sad. How can people spend a fair chunk of money on an infant carrier and then £30 on a group one seat and think they will afford the same level of protection.

I understand, I really do, that not everybody can afford to splash out £££s on car seats, but when a lot of those people are pushing fancy prams and driving nice cars...

I have heard the arguments before about people saying they must be safe if they are on sale, but really does anybody actually believe this? Does anybody really think a £30 car seat would offer the same protection as even a mid range Britax for example. It's like saying all cars are as safe as each other.

natureplantar101 Tue 28-Oct-14 01:20:37

their just trying to avoid the age old debate of not been able to afford children hmm its amazing most of them seem to have to the IQ of a 2 yr old some of the comments are unbelievable im expecting on of them to suggest its a goverment conspiriacy next angry and the there is the 2nd hand car seat debate i for one have known 2nd hand car seats are a no go since i was 10 and read it in the argos catalogue whilst flipping through to toys section what these parents excuse is for not knowing/ignoring ill never know

upduffedsecret Mon 10-Nov-14 13:08:56

for my first kid, I had no clue about these things. I bought a cheap nonia one, as it wasn't likely to get much use (my then-partner and I don't drive). I then handed it down to second child as I knew it hadn't been in an accident. I found out that they weren't safe around the time my second was due to move up to his next size seat anyway, so we got it at the first opportunity and asked halfords if they could please get rid of it for me. they assured me they would smash it so it wouldn't be used by anyone else.

if you don't know, you don't know to look to find out. needless to say, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place had I known.
#3 will be having a decent seat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now