Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Please help me choose an ERF seat up to 25kg! Maxi-Cosi Mobi vs BeSafe Izi Plus...

(9 Posts)
Jessbags001 Tue 21-Oct-14 15:45:46

I have a BeSafe Izi seat at the moment at the moment which my rather large 2.5yr old is in. My younger baby is ready to move up from an infant carrier and we thought it best to move her into the old BeSafe seat and get a higher weight limit one for him.

I would like his seat to be an ERF one that can rear face up to 25kg (I know some say up to 25kg but actually need to be turned to forwards facing after 18kg). Ideally I'd also like a seat that I can purchase online. After MUCH narrowing it down, I'm looking at the BeSafe Izi Plus and the Maxi-Cosi Mobi in particular. Does anyone have either of them and love/hate them, or have any other suggestions? Or does anyone know if either perform better in safety tests?

I've been going round in circles on Google for 2 days now and am a bit of a loss - any input would be gratefully received! Thanks everyone in advance.

N.B Oh and I'm not too sure about the Britax ones that go up to 25kg as they don't (as far as I can see!) have a recline function. We have the current seat permanently on recline so I don't really want to sacrifice that!

AliceMum09 Tue 21-Oct-14 22:21:19

This Britax one reclines www.securatot.co.uk/britax-max-way?category_id=61

I have this Britax one that doesn't www.securatot.co.uk/britax-multi-tech-II?category_id=61

My DD2 has been in it since she was 11 months old, and has always slept well in the car. The headrest is very 'enclosing', so she rests her head to the side on it rather than having her head droop forward. She's very petite, only weighing 10.4kgs/24lbs now at 2 1/2, so lifting her into the car is no trouble, but I particularly like the Multi Tech II because you lift the child 'onto' the seat rather than having to get them 'up and over' into a more bucket-shaped seat. It's also quite 'low down' in the car so having it behind the passenger doesn't block the view out of the rear passenger window.

Jessbags001 Wed 22-Oct-14 10:00:33

Ooh thanks AliceMum, I'd missed that the max-way reclines. Thanks for the tips, good to have another contender smile I know what you mean about lifting up and over - hard work!

Jessbags001 Thu 23-Oct-14 12:13:13

Anyone else out there with any of these seats...? I'm leaning towards the BeSafe Izi Plus but would love to hear from anyone who has it. Thanks

Laquila Thu 23-Oct-14 14:16:54

We tried the BeSafe IZi plus in our car but ended up going for the IZi Combi.

To be perfectly honest, I can't remember why - that's how much choosing a next-stage car seat made me completely loose the plot! I found it very stressful...

I remember thinking that the iZi Plus felt very secure in the car, but I think it took up a bit more room than the Combi. We also tried a Britax Maxfix but I wasn't very enamoured of that as I just didn't feel that the protection around the head was as good.

Sorry, this hasn't been very helpful! You'll feel sooo much better once you've bought it and fitted it.

Jessbags001 Fri 24-Oct-14 18:42:46

Thanks Laquila, still useful as it wasn't resounding no :-)

I've ordered the Plus, no going back now!

Midori1999 Fri 24-Oct-14 22:13:59

I see you've ordered, but I was just going to say we have the Axkid Minkid and it's bloody amazing. We already had a cyber sirona and I loved that, but if we had the cash I'd go straight out and buy another axkid minikid. (Moved DD 3.5 for the cyber into the axkid and DS, 13 months, into the cyber from his infant carrier)

oceaner Sun 07-Dec-14 02:18:08

Jessbags001
May I know how do you find the Izi Plus?

Midori1999
Would you mind to share your thought about Axkid Minikid?

I'm now looking into both Izi Plus and Minikid, not sure which on to choose..

Would be much appreciate for both of your opinions.

Thanks

Rodion Tue 30-Dec-14 15:05:48

Sorry, oceaner, only just found your message (and yours midori!).

It's great is the short answer, I would fully recommend it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now