This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Catching legs on the support bar of BeSafe iZi Combi

(10 Posts)
MoonlightandRoses Sat 14-Sep-13 23:06:47

Just wondering if anyone's come across this before?

Small child's leg has nearly been badly twisted now on a couple of occasions when removing from car (Kia Sorento). As a result, DH wants to change seat, but I'd like to keep to RF - anyone either any suggestions for RF that won't do this or suggestions to reduce the risk of a fracture?

Thanks

TweaksCrunchyCarrot Sat 14-Sep-13 23:18:39

I am confused. Where are their legs getting caught? I have two, in different cars, two different kids, been using it for 4 yrs without a problem.

MoonlightandRoses Sat 14-Sep-13 23:21:32

It's on the bar that you tighten against the seat back, if that makes sense?

TweaksCrunchyCarrot Sat 14-Sep-13 23:37:50

Hmm. Will have a look tomorrow am struggling to picture the logistics!

MoonlightandRoses Sat 14-Sep-13 23:42:23

Thank you! It happens when lifting out, so feet get caught on the inside of the support.

lagoonhaze Mon 16-Sep-13 19:56:00

Never happened to us. Think you need to find a way to move differently. How old is child?

MoonlightandRoses Mon 16-Sep-13 20:42:48

Will be three in November, so at that slightly awkward agile but clumsy stage. Not terribly tall either, only about 92cms.

Kroder11 Tue 17-Sep-13 16:52:48

Is the bar tight up against the back of the vehicle seat?
Could get your retailer to check it.
Not had this issue with ours. Good luck!

MoonlightandRoses Tue 17-Sep-13 22:46:38

It is - think I will get it re-checked though, particularly as none of the rest of you are having issues - really like the seat so don't want to change it if I can help it.

Thanks all for the responses too.

Carseatcrazy Thu 03-Oct-13 11:56:34

Can you possibly refit it so that you tension that bar more (ie it moves further away from the seat where the child is) so that there is a larger space between the back seat of the car and the car seat itself. My 5 1/2 year old sits happily in his still but my 2 1/2 year old can sometimes get his shoes stuck there -he sticks his legs down and his shoes get stuck!- it just depends on how you fit it in your car and their shoe size, and what they do with their legs I think!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now