Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Any cheaper options than Britax 2 way elite for heavy toddler out there?

(4 Posts)
lynniep Mon 05-Nov-12 10:09:15

I don't think there are. But I'm doing one last mn call for help before I fork out a lot of money at the in car safety centre. (£220 for the seat, and nearly £20 for the head rest)

DS2 will be 3 next Sunday. He is 18.7kg and over 1m tall. Thus too heavy for a 5 point harness.

When I realised how heavy he was (officially that is, I knew he was a heffer before I weighed him) I switched him to a stage 2-3 car seat with a normal seatbelt ( a young sport - v. nice car seat which I've pinched off his older brother)

Its been pretty much a disaster. He won't stay still - he fidgets, slides out, pulls his 'top' arm over the seatbelt, has even unclipped it a few times (I can't pop into the garage to pay for petrol leaving him in there because I can see what he's up to from the shop - in the time it takes me to walk to the till he'll unbuckle it, climb out and get into the drivers seat which is FAR more fun) He is in a car seat every day. I have come to the conclusion that its just not worth the risk - he's too young to understand how dangerous it is.

I won't buy second hand so thats out.

I'm going to have to get the credit card out arent I?

lagoonhaze Tue 06-Nov-12 18:10:21

Afraid it looks like the TWE is your only harnessed option.

nicm Tue 06-Nov-12 20:18:47

afaik the only one in the uk is the twe. i wouldn't bother with the support pillow though, ds didn't have one and he went into it at 8/9 months.

smile

lynniep Tue 06-Nov-12 21:26:46

It arrived today. superquick service! I am about to cut open the box....(I didnt get the pillow - I asked the people at the car safety centre and they said not to bother either)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now