Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Which ERF car seat for moving between a Mondeo and Fiesta?

(9 Posts)
strawberrypie Wed 17-Oct-12 13:04:01

I've decided to go for an ERF car seat for my 1 year old (just!) DD now she is getting a bit squished in the baby seat. Has anyone got any recommendations for one that could be moved between a Mondeo and a Fiesta on a regular basis?

In an ideal world this magical car seat would be both the safest and least expensive in it's class ;)

TIA

stargirl1701 Wed 17-Oct-12 13:07:20

Marking my place

sleeplessinderbyshire Sun 21-Oct-12 20:25:01

I'd get a TWE if that were my brief

strawberrypie Sun 21-Oct-12 20:26:07

Thanks Sleepless, I was looking at that one....

TheAngelsHaveTheOod Sun 21-Oct-12 22:10:13

TWE is supposed to be the easiest to swap. Get an extra set of tethers to make it easier

onetwothreefourfive Mon 22-Oct-12 10:37:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kroder1 Wed 24-Oct-12 18:54:21

The BeSafe iZi KID or COMBI are easy to move - the ISOfix version easy to install and the Belt versions light. Worth a look! Many stores have them around the Country - see www.rearfacing.co.uk for a good list of shops.

laurieleigh Thu 25-Oct-12 20:29:33

depending on where you are in the country there are various places where you can go and try seats to see if they fit before you buy - In Car Safety Centre in Milton Keynes and there's a car seat safety place run by the local council in Rayleigh, Essex. I'm sure there's others but I only know of these two. We went along, figured what fitted best, then I searched online until I found a bargain!
We went with the Izi Combi and love it but it's a tight fit for me (5'8") to sit in the passenger seat in front of it (in a Golf Mk5). My husband's got a Focus which is even tighter on the leg room, so I'm pretty sure it'd be a 'no-go' for a Fiesta.

Kirlyp Tue 30-Oct-12 21:05:09

I have fitted the Besafe in a Fiesta 3 door and at 5ft 5 could still sit in the front!! Do the cars have isofix ? I would personally avoid non isofix seats with tether straps as they can be an inconvenience for a car seat swapped on a regular basis. Talk to Securatot about the Klippan Kiss, its both isofix and non isofix AND really quick to swap between cars.
good luck ! x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: