Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Hiring car seats

(3 Posts)
blushingmare Mon 15-Oct-12 13:58:18

Do you think it's ok to hire a car seat when hiring a car for holiday? We are hiring from Europcar and it's in Scotland, so same safety standards etc as here. I'd have hoped that all the car seats are in good condition and are replaced if in accidents, but have a nagging doubt that perhaps we should just take our own, although it would be much easier to have the rental one.

IwanttoflyonA380 Mon 15-Oct-12 16:38:36

I wouldn't take your own. You don't know how they have been treated or how old they will be. You also may not know how to fit it or adjust it to fit you child. take your own. You could even buy lighter ones to take which would probably be cheaper. How old are dc?

riksti Mon 15-Oct-12 16:43:47

I've used a hired car seat when visiting family. Didn't have any problems with it. If you're worried about whether they've been in accidents you could always check whether it's the policy in Europcar to reuse carseats that have been in accidents.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now