Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Maxi Cosi Priori XP or Maxi Cosi Tobi

(4 Posts)
dldl Thu 11-Oct-12 15:19:50

Is someone able to tell me the main differences. The maxi cosi website is not proving to be very helpful.

We have had the Pebble on an EasyBase2 until now which we've been very happy with. We don't have isofix in our car unfortunately. (05 Fiesta). We're now looking ahead to the next car seat, and these two seem to be popular but would appreciate real advice, opinions and comments about them.

PS Please don't comment about extended rear-facing - I am aware of the benefits and have read up on it. Thank you

IwanttoflyonA380 Thu 11-Oct-12 17:18:31

You really need to go and try them in you car and check that they fit. The main differences (i have had both) are the tobi has belts that spring out the way so you can get your child in and you can get the cover off without dismantling the harness. The xp you have to remember to hook it out of the way. I think the xp lasted longer as the child's shoulders can go above the tops slots which they can't on the tobi.

vodkaanddietirnbru Thu 11-Oct-12 22:17:57

we liked the priori xp as it had seat belt tensioners that made it fit in very securely with no movement.

Nicr1 Thu 25-Oct-12 19:42:26

I am looking for the same answer! I was just in John Lewis and the lady there said the xp is better and cheaper!! I've been looking for ages and need to purchase soon as I keep changing my mind! HELP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now