Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Klippan Triofix - questions for anyone who knows about them.

(5 Posts)
megandraper Wed 10-Oct-12 11:21:06

DD is 15 months and 12 kilos, and growing out of her current RF car seat.

Have been convinced (mainly by MN) that an extended rear-facing car seat would be the best thing. I like the idea of having a seat that will last her till she is twelve, rather than buying another one and having to shell out again in 2-3 years time.

Questions about the Klippan Triofix
1. Will the fact that our car has underfloor storage be a problem? I see the seat has a supporting leg 'for extra safety'. Does the underfloor storage mean that we can't use the seat, or just that we won't get the benefit of the 'extra safety'?

2. Where is the best price I can buy it? It is stonkingly expensive.

3. Is it simple to fit ourselves with Isofix or do I need to go somewhere (in North Yorkshire) to get it fitted?

4. Is there another alternative seat I have missed?

Very grateful for any help.

Tailtwister Wed 10-Oct-12 12:53:24

We have a Klippan Triofix.

1. Yes, I think there would be an issue with the support leg and under floor storage, but it would be best to check with a retailer directly.

2. We got ours from www.carseat.se which was cheapest at the time, but still very expensive.

3. Yes, it was simple to install ourselves with isofix.

4. IMO there are more suitable seats out there, especially considering your DD's age. We bought the Klippan Triofix for it's length of use and that it fitted in our small car, but I would caution you to consider that it doesn't recline. It is very upright, which for DS2 who is 2.5 is fine and it's in a car which does short journeys only where he's unlikely to sleep. I would be inclined to go for something else tbh. OK, you might not get so much use out of it, but it's likely to be cheaper and may still last a while depending on the weight of your DD. We have a Graco Duologic 2 in our other car and it works very well and does recline. It still takes up very little room too.

I would get into contact with a retailer and ask their advice. It really depends on the type of car you have and the length of journey you're likely to do.

megandraper Wed 10-Oct-12 13:50:09

Very helpful Tailtwister, thank you.

It's hard to find retailers of extended rear facing seats. Can you recommend any?

lagoonhaze Wed 10-Oct-12 18:59:36

www.rearfacing.co.uk has a list of retailers.

What car do you have?

megandraper Wed 10-Oct-12 19:15:23

Citroen Picasso - 5 years old

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now