Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Kiddy impact cushion - age or weight?

(6 Posts)
Chocchip88 Tue 09-Oct-12 10:51:41

We have a Kiddy Guardian Pro. It says the impact cushion is to be used up to 18kg or about 4 years old. My almost 2 year old is almost 18kg (very tall!), I assume I am still meant to use the cushion once he's over 18kg as he still be way off 4. Can anyone confirm?

IwanttoflyonA380 Tue 09-Oct-12 12:29:31

It is always the weight that is the most important when it comes to car seats sad

IwanttoflyonA380 Tue 09-Oct-12 12:32:17

This car seat [[ http://www.incarsafetycentre.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/46 two way elite]] has a harness until 25kg

IwanttoflyonA380 Tue 09-Oct-12 12:33:16

link so it will work two way elite

Yorky Tue 09-Oct-12 12:55:13

DD1 is a bruiser and not 4 till late november but has been in a kiddy cruiser(?) (one without the impact shield) for a nearly a year

Chocchip88 Tue 09-Oct-12 15:48:10

Oh, not sure I'd be comfortable with him not using the impact cushion at this age. Will hope he stops growing for a bit sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: