Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Maxi Cosi rear facing bases

(10 Posts)
Dordeydoo Wed 26-Sep-12 08:23:32

Im borrowing a maxi cosi cabrofix of a friend, she is giving me the base she used for it - its isofix!

Im not sure what base it is but could someone please tell me whether an isofix base will be able to be used in a car by a seatbelt?

Thanks

AliceHurled Wed 26-Sep-12 08:25:30

Depends on the base. You can get ones that are isofix or belt. Or just one or the other.

BikeRunSki Wed 26-Sep-12 08:28:08

Ours fitted on Isofix or seatbelt. It was a Maxicosi Easybase. Super useful!

InfinityWelcomesCarefulDrivers Wed 26-Sep-12 08:29:53

You can strap the seat in without base, I did it now and again. Don't think base can be strapped in

InfinityWelcomesCarefulDrivers Wed 26-Sep-12 08:30:29

In fact om sure it can't

Dordeydoo Wed 26-Sep-12 10:07:16

i know the seat can be strapped in with seatbelt, am just thinking base will be quicker. off to google it!

AliceHurled Wed 26-Sep-12 10:15:35

Well yes some bases can be strapped in, i have one sat in my car now, but it depends on the model.

Dordeydoo Wed 26-Sep-12 11:52:37

Alice - do you know which one can be strapped in? the one my friend has is isofix so am guessing that wont be able to be strapped in

AliceHurled Wed 26-Sep-12 13:40:23

Mine is both I think. Not 100%. It's an easibase 2. We were picking between 1 that was both and 1 that wasn't but don't recall which we picked as the isofix was irrelevant to us. We got the one they had in stock. But for sure one exists that does both.

mybootsaremuddy Wed 26-Sep-12 19:51:32

The 'Easyfix' base can be instaled with either Isofix or belt. My friend has this one and her DH uses base in his car which is non isofix.

The 'Easybase2' is belt only
The 'Familyfix' base is isofix only.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now