Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

group 2/3 seat confused mum

(10 Posts)
Anaiasmum Wed 05-Sep-12 20:39:25

It seems the world of seats has moved on some since we bought our last one for dd1. She's now 18kg so is too heavy for her current recaro group 1/2 seat which we bought as it was compatible with the isofix base we had from her infant carrier.
An hbb is clearly the safest option, and we have a graco one that we use in 2nd car but we'd like something a little more comfortable for longer journeys.
I like isofix as I think it's safest, but I don't know whether this is necessarily right.
We tried a halfords one today and she preferred it (over britax) for size (felt it was quite roomy) but I know nothing about them. She's a slim, but quite tall nearly 5 yo.
Whilst I'm not a 'brands' person I like to know that something's well received (and more importantly in this caSe safe)
Anyway, sorry for rambling, TIA.

onebigwish Wed 05-Sep-12 20:42:59

My 4 year old is in a 2 way elite which is harnessed up until 25kg so not too sure about this stuff.

However, I've been looking for a high backed booster for my Mum's car and signed up to Which for advice. The maxi cosi Rodi came out pretty well and I think they do an isofix version so possibly worth researching that?

Anaiasmum Wed 05-Sep-12 20:46:45

Thanks onebigwish I'll add those to the research list. [Smile]

lagoonhaze Wed 05-Sep-12 20:47:28

Isofix will always limited to you 18kg as that's what the points are tested to. Check out the besafe range of seats.

nocake Wed 05-Sep-12 20:48:57

Isofix isn't safer. It's just easier to fit the seat correctly.

Anaiasmum Wed 05-Sep-12 21:13:43

Ooh lagoonhaze I didn't know that so thank you.
We chose the infant seat 1st and as it was about the only one that would fit in our 3dr tiny yaris at the time, a base seemed to make sense for ease and safety, we just stuck with it.
I love research!

mybootsaremuddy Wed 05-Sep-12 22:29:17

If it is a HBB you are after then they CAN isofix beyond 18kg. We have the Britax kidfix for ds2 and its fab. It is suitable all the way up to 12yrs old or 35kg using the isofix as the child is held in place by the cars own seat belt so the isofix is only holding the childseat in palce and not the weight of the child(if you see what i mean?).

I liked the idea of isofix for a hbb as it means it dosent tip when ds is climbing in and out (we have a tall vehicle so he has to hoist himself up).
We dont have the worry about a loose seat when hes not in the car.
DS still sleeps on some journies and with the isofix seat we can recline it (before he sits in) so if he falls asleep his head stays back in the 'wings' rather than flopping forward (as it does in the hbb dh has in his pickup).

As well as the Britax Kidfix we have the other Isofix hbb we looked at were:

Maxi cosi Ferofix
Jane montecarlo plus
Recaro monza seat fix
Silver cross navigatorfix (i think)

Anaiasmum Thu 06-Sep-12 14:41:26

a great list thanks muddy, I'll check all of those out. I just wish we had some decent shops round here that stock more than one brand so we could take dd and test them out for size!

Anaiasmum Thu 06-Sep-12 15:38:45

Thanks everyone, I've ordered the Cruiserfix Pro this afternoon, it seems very safe and fully adjustable, dd also liked the colour - a very important factor I'm sure you'll agree! Bambinodirect also have an offer with Which at the moment for £20 off so it seems a great deal.

RIZZ0 Wed 10-Oct-12 19:58:24

Hi there, just wondered how you got on with the Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro?

Have been looking at it for my two aged 3 & 6 and wondered if your DD has fallen asleep in it yet? I'm aware she's probably a but old for that but am hoping that when we did long journeys and my two did sleep that it would hold my older sons head which usually lolls forward.

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now