Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Besafe Izi combi and sleeping

(7 Posts)
GodisaDj Sat 01-Sep-12 13:16:40

I brought the Besafe Izi combi in July for my then 11 month old and was initially happy with it. However, I'm a little concerned when DD falls to sleep in it.

Even on the most 'laid back' setting, her head lolls forward and she never looks comfy. She must be comfy as she falls to sleep in it on any journey longer than 20 min (or if she's tired and due a nap within 2 min) but I'm just concerned that her head is flopping around.

Is this because of her age? Or are the settings wrong with the straps (tighter, higher/lower?). I've tried putting her in more 'slouched' which sometimes seems to work, but most of the time her head is forward on her chest!

GodisaDj Sat 01-Sep-12 15:55:26

Bump

HappyAsASandboy Sat 01-Sep-12 16:46:17

We have these seats for our nearly-two year olds.

We have the same problem, though I would say their wads flip back more often than forwards. I also try to put them in a bit slouched to help.

Have you got the little padded insert in the bottom/back? That pushes their bums forward a bit - and so should help. They came in our seats.

GodisaDj Sat 01-Sep-12 20:09:19

Thanks for replying. Yes I think we have the pad insert. Both times it's happened today was when DP put her in hmm so perhaps need to mention the slouching bit to him.

I just feel sorry for her with her head flopping around, especially when you've paid so much for a car seat confused

Kroder1 Sat 08-Sep-12 09:14:05

Hi, mine was adjusted in the car by the shop and they suggested a small cushion they do for the harness by her neck until she grew out of it.

Carseatcrazy Wed 12-Sep-12 10:01:38

I have a besafe, and have the same problem- but you can slightly adjust the way you fit it (if you have the belt fitted version) so that you really really tighten down on the tether straps so that it ends up slightly more tilted in situ (if you know what I mean), whilst ensuring that it is still fitted correctly with the seatbelt etc smile Hth's smile

nethy Tue 25-Sep-12 22:19:32

Have spent the past 3 weeks deliberating over which rear facing to go for - head now hurts!! Wee boy is 11 months now. Have narrowed down to besafe or axkid kidsofix. Not sure how secure the axkid looks when belted as forward facing (which we eventually will use) as goes up to 6 years. Anyone have axkid, alternatively anyone looking to sell their besafe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now