Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Group 0 car seat for Peugeot 206 2001 - help!

(7 Posts)
Chalky04 Wed 12-Oct-11 20:39:37

Hi everyone,

This is my first MN post so here we go!

I am trying to find out which car seats will fit in my Peugeot 206 2001 model but really struggling to get information on the internet - there is nothing in the Britax or Maxi-Cosi tools for my car.

Does anyone who has one know what might fit?

I am planning to go and get some advice at the weekend but have heard mixed views on where is best to go - Halfords? Mothercare? Babies r Us?

Has anyone had experience of this and where would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

thisisyesterday Wed 12-Oct-11 20:48:09

whereabouts are you?
i'll be honest and say i really wouldn't recommend halfords or mothercare for properly fitting a seat.
I can highly recommend the in-car safety centre at Milton Keynes, or the guys at Rayleigh in Essex.

thisisyesterday Wed 12-Oct-11 20:50:38

the britax fitfinder says that the BABY-SAFE plus SHR and the BABY-SAFE plus II will fit in your car.

very good seats as well

thisisyesterday Wed 12-Oct-11 20:51:42

half price here atm and you can return to store (i think) if you don't like it or it doesn't fit

Chalky04 Mon 17-Oct-11 12:21:18

Thanks thisisyesterday. We went to Halfords who were absolutely useless and then went to Mothercare where they tested some seats in our car for us.

The good thing is that all the ones tested fitted using the seatbelt (the one thing Halfords did manage to tell us is that the car doesn't have isofix).

Am now deliberating between the Maxi-Cosi Cabriofix and Pebble as either will fit on the buggy we have decided on....

thisisyesterday Mon 17-Oct-11 15:34:15

is the pebble the one that you HAVE to have on the base?

if so i would go for the cabriofix in case you ever need to use it in another car.
also you may want to think about what you will do when baby outgrows the infant carrier. if you don't want another maxi cosi seat then the pebble plus base is an incredibly expensive infant carrier!

but i might be wrong and it might be a different one that has to be fitted with the base lol

BertieBotts Mon 17-Oct-11 18:52:05

I'd vote against the pebble as well. I could be wrong, but the selling point of the pebble IIRC is that the base which it uses also fits one of the Group 1 seats. Which seems like a great idea... until you get near that stage and start hearing or reading various things about other Group 1 seats which have different options, perhaps are safer, and you start to regret the fact you've tied yourself into having that one particular seat.

I'm pretty sure all infant carseats can be fitted using the seatbelt though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now