Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Anyone had this kiddicare seat?

(8 Posts)
hophophippidtyhop Sun 09-Oct-11 11:52:48

My dd is tiny - just under 17lbs at 14 months, so if she keeps (not) putting weight on the way she is, I will need to keep her rear facing til she's 2. I still have her in the group 0 seat at the moment ,but looking to get a different one so she's a bit more upright. Was thinking about this one from kiddicare maybe. Was looking at the britax first class but saw the kiddicare was cheaper, and as money isn't exactly overflowing, wondered if it was any good. We have a ford focus it needs to go in.

Bamaluz Tue 11-Oct-11 15:21:28

That one only rear faces til 9kg but the Britax seat can stay rear facing til 13kg.
The trouble with buying online is that you don't know if it would fit in your car properly. I would rather have one fitted by someone who knows what they are doing, from a shop.

sleepevader Tue 11-Oct-11 15:26:21

My friend had a similar looking one. It looked and felt cheap. I would get the first class or seriously consider spending the extra a getting a britax two way elite as then wont need to spend out on another seat later on.

sleeplessinderbyshire Tue 11-Oct-11 18:47:38

we have a first class - my DD is just 9kg at aged 2 and I like that she can stay in it til she's 3 or 4 rear facing (we also have a besafe izi combi isofix in ym car which I love and is way easier to get her in and out of but I am aware they are very expensive)

onetwothreefourfive Tue 11-Oct-11 20:37:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hophophippidtyhop Tue 11-Oct-11 21:50:13

Thanks for all the info, everyone. TBH I was going to go with the Britax first class until I saw the kiddicare one and it made me wonder. Will stick with the britax, I think.

BertieBotts Tue 11-Oct-11 22:47:26

That looks exactly like a Nania one. It seems Nania now have such a bad reputation they have stopped putting their own brand name on their cheap seats!

sleepevader Tue 11-Oct-11 22:56:34

That's the one I thought it was too- naina. Horrible seats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now