Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

3 children in the car

(3 Posts)
meravigliosa Mon 03-Oct-11 15:00:14

Hi, I'm looking for some advice about fitting three children into the back seat. DS (9) and DD (7) currently use boosters. New baby is due this week, and I have bought new carseat for him/her, with isofix base (didn't have a car that could use this when others were little, so though I might as well go for currently available technology).

I can't easily fit the two boosters and the new car seat across the back seat. I think they can just about go in, but don't see how the dcs can easily access their seatbelt plugs, and worry about them being so close together that seatbelt plugs might be compromised. It is a Vauxhall Zafira, so definitely a family size car. There are two third row seats that can come up, but that won't work when we go on hols and have luggage. Anyone have any experience of making three seats work across the back of a Zafira or similar.

Are there any slimline boosters that might solve the problem?

justforinfo Mon 03-Oct-11 17:07:05

Halfords own brand boosters are very slim and the Britax Hi-Liner high back booster is pretty narrow too smile Good Luck!

Fresh01 Tue 11-Oct-11 20:36:50

I had this issue when expecting no 3. Check out the two isofix locations on the rear seat and see if one is nearer the edge of the back-seat than the other. One of mine (the one behind the passenger) is nearer the edge and the one behind the driver is nearer the centre of the backseat.

I also used facecloths around the seatbelt plugs to hold them in a forward facing direction or they kept folding down into the seat again. Removed some of the fiddle factor whilst trying to plug the belts in.

I went to one of the In-Car Safety Centres and tried out lots of high back boosters. The slimest was the Maxi-Cosi Robi which was about 2cm narrower than the Britax Hi-Liner but that 2 cm on each seat made all the difference.

Good luck with the new arrival.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now