Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Car seat bases?

(7 Posts)
deemented Tue 27-Sep-11 21:40:09

Are they compatible with most car seats then, or are they only suitable for their own make?

Is an isofix base compatable with any car seat, for example?

justforinfo Tue 27-Sep-11 21:41:42

Hello! What car seat do you have? The bases are very specific to the seat, but you also have to ensure they fit your car too! Do you have isofix?

BikeRunSki Tue 27-Sep-11 21:43:14

What Justforinfo said.

deemented Tue 27-Sep-11 21:45:11

I don't actually have one yet. I'll be getting a new one for DC5 as DS3 left his in no condition to reuse, so i'm looking around.

I've always just strapped a carseat in with a seatbelt, and haven't used a base with a seat before.

thisisyesterday Tue 27-Sep-11 22:10:19

no, you need the base that goes with the seat.

you don't have to have one though, you can just use the seatbelt

deemented Wed 28-Sep-11 06:26:08

Ah right, thank you. You'd hink they'd make one that was universal, wouldn't you?

Mind you, if they did, they wouldn't make money, i suppose...

thisisyesterday Wed 28-Sep-11 13:25:08

well the car seat manufacturers make them for their specific seats. so you just choose the seat you want and then the base that goes with it.

i don't think they could make a universal ones because the shape and size of the bases of the actual seats varies so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now