Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

kiddy infinity pro or something rearfacing?

(4 Posts)
levantine Mon 26-Sep-11 11:31:16

We don't have isofix, I'm getting really confused by all the options, especially the rear facing one as they only seem to show up as NOT recommended by Which in the category I am looking at (9 months - 4 years) - it looks as though the risk of installing them incorrectly with a seatbelt is too high. Are they really only suitable with isofix?

Help

aswellasyou Mon 26-Sep-11 11:44:02

I would throw Which? out of the window and do some research elsewhere. (They went down in my estimation when I discovered they take into acount fabric options, ease of removing the covers and the ability to machine wash them.)

I have installed three belted extended rear facing seats on my own simply reading the instructions. It was difficult working out how to install the BeSafe Izi Combi but makes sense once you've worked out what you're doing. The Klippan Kiss 2 was averagely complicated and the Maxi Cosi Mobi was really simple. My opinion is that if you're the sort of person who has decided to rear face your child for longer than most parents, you're also the sort of person who will make sure you have properly fitted your child's carseat.

nicm Mon 26-Sep-11 14:11:21

I too would ignore which! Isofix is no safer than belted when using a rear facing seat! I can recommend the britax two way elite or the hi-way 2. I have both and they are both great seats, with the twe being a bit easier to install, but the hi-way is not hard!

smile

justforinfo Tue 27-Sep-11 20:37:44

hear! hear! aswellasyou I'm disgusted with which? and refuse to use it for anything nowadays! Also agreed that if you decide to RF longer you obviously care more about safety so will take more care when fitting! I've used the Multi-tech and really don't find it difficult to install, but have heard that the two-way is much better smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now