Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What can I do about a 14 month old who is car sick when forward facing?

(8 Posts)
RitaMorgan Sun 25-Sep-11 09:48:20

We don't have a car, we do have a rear facing baby seat that we can still cram ds into - the top of his head is about level wiith the top now but he is under 13kg. He is prone to travel sickness.

My parents have a forward facing seat for him in their car and he is sick almost every time - even with short trips under 20 minutes. He is sick occasionally rear facing too, but only on long/difficult journeys.

So, it won't be long til he has grown out of the baby seat, and we'll need a new one that can be used in a variety of cars. Is there a rear facing seat that would fit the bill, or do we have no choice but forward facing (and puking) now?

Mentile Sun 25-Sep-11 09:51:40

The Britax two way Elite could suit your needs depending on the makes of cars you want it to fit. If you're anywhere near the in car safety centre in Milton Keynes I'd recommend going to have a look at their range. If not, look at them online. DS and I took a 6 hour round trip to go and buy his seat from them, definitely worth it.

nicm Sun 25-Sep-11 10:37:36

you can get rf seats for children up to 18kgs or 25kgs. have a look on www.rearfacing.co.uk for more info. still have ds1 rf at 3.5 yrs.

smile

RitaMorgan Sun 25-Sep-11 10:43:33

It's more an issue because it will need to go in several different cars rather than just installing in our car though.

Mentile Sun 25-Sep-11 11:22:14

Yes, which the 2 way elite is easy to do. I have one purely for grandparents/childminder use.

Loopymumsy Sun 25-Sep-11 13:47:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nicm Sun 25-Sep-11 21:16:33

the twe is easy to use. we have a set of straps in dps, gps and ils car.

smile

RitaMorgan Mon 26-Sep-11 15:59:09

Thanks, I'll look into the 2 way elite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now