Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Maxi-cosi

(3 Posts)
MrsRV Tue 20-Sep-11 19:05:08

Confused... Have seen that you can buy pebble, feminists base and then opal. I'm just thinking... I definitely need a car seat from birth that I can carry (and attach to pram) also want a base for ease. It's the next bit I'm confused about... Do I buy the more expensive base (family) just so I can buy the opal? The opal isn't a carry seat and will be permanently fixed in car... So am I better off buying a cheaper base to fit the initial seat and then just buying any seat to be permanently fixed for stage 2??? Does any of that even make sense? Confused!

aswellasyou Tue 20-Sep-11 21:20:57

Feminists base! grin I'd just buy a Pebble and cheaper base.

SecretNutellaFix Tue 20-Sep-11 21:26:01

Woah! I think you may have some wires crossed, and have confused some car seats.

The opal is a combination seat, from birth rearfacing to 13kg and then forward facing to 18kg. It is a single unit, no other bases needed.

The Familyfix base will fit the Pebble rear facing to 13kg and then the PEARL forward facing to 18kg.

Do you have Isofix in your car? If you do not, the familyfix base will not fit, you would need the Easyfix base which is both isofix and seatbelt compatible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now