Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How can I stop headrolling when DD asleep in car seat?

(5 Posts)
KittyintheCity Fri 16-Sep-11 15:40:03

My 4 year old is now more than 15kg and refusing to sit in her old "baby car seat", but when she is in a group 3 car seat (which should be right for her in terms of her weight and age), if she falls asleep her head keeps rolling forward. How can I stop this, any ideas?

notfarmingatthemo Fri 16-Sep-11 19:30:21

which one is it?

notfarmingatthemo Fri 16-Sep-11 19:30:54

which one is it?

carpwidow Fri 16-Sep-11 19:31:52

Probably the one on top of her shoulders notfarming grin

TruthSweet Thu 22-Sep-11 23:50:43

TBH if she is of a weight and height to fit into her Group 1 seat I'd put her back in it for journeys when she is likely to sleep.

You have to rely on the child to sit correctly and still in a high back booster for it to be safe.

If they are asleep they cannot be accountable (or relied upon) for sitting up, not fidgeting, and having the seat belt in the correct position across the torso and legs.

In a harnessed seat they cannot slump forward and pull the harness loose, or slip down so that the belt goes across their lap rather than thighs. You wouldn't need to do it for short trips (unless she has a sleep problem) just long treks on holiday or night/evening drives.

PS a harnessed seat is a big girl seat. Racing drivers wear 5 point harnesses and they aren't babies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now