Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Could anyone recommend a Group 1 RF car seat for a Fiesta 3 door?

(7 Posts)
HettySpaghetti Tue 13-Sep-11 19:22:04

I imagine it's a nightmare having a rear facing car seat for a 3 door. It's bad enough with her maxi cosi! I've just been to Mothercare and Halfords to ask about rear facing and both shops were adamant that they were no good, the child has no leg room and why would you want one? I was so shocked. I've seen the crash test senarios and read enough testimonials about poor kids who have come off the worse in an accident. The shop assistants wouldn't have it and I was told that our cars aren't modified for it like the european cars! That's got to be serious rubbish! I have my heart set on getting one. Even if the prices are somewhat daunting. I can only seem to find one stockist on the internet - which is in Milton Keynes. I live on the Wirral in the North West! No chance. Any advice would be great and fast my DD is running out of room!

aswellasyou Tue 13-Sep-11 19:47:45

shock What idiots! They're so ill-informed, or they're just telling you this rubbish because they don't sell rear facing seats themselves. I've got a Klippan Kiss 2 behind my Mum's driver's seat in a 3 door Peugeot 207. I don't know how the space compares but her back seats don't have a lot of room because she has her seat almost all the way back. The BeSafe Izi Combis are pretty much the same length so they'd fit in her back seat too.

If you scroll down this page, there are lots of online stockists. I bought my BeSafe online from Mumstore.

onetwothreefourfive Tue 13-Sep-11 19:59:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HettySpaghetti Tue 13-Sep-11 20:37:39

I was furious in the shop and with Mothercare in particular. Really patronising! They seem so expensive though.

nicm Tue 13-Sep-11 21:18:21

Hi, yes have read some funny things on here about mothercare and halfords! I have had my twe in my sisters 3 door fiesta. It was one of the older shapes. I have a friend who has a new shape fiesta in 5 door, but I could try my twe in it if that would help? I also have a hi-way which is good for small cars apparently.

smile

HettySpaghetti Wed 14-Sep-11 13:23:43

Hi thanks for the advice. Just phoned the In Car Safety Centre in Milton Keynes and they have recommended a Britax 2 Way Elite. It's £196 which will sting a bit but you can't put a price on your childs safety. My dad was going to help with the costs but I now have to talk him round to the RF seats again after talking to the man in Halfords who said that it was wrong to do that to a child because they have no leg room! I'd rather my DD had broken legs than brain damage or a broken neck! They do free delivery and online tutorials if you need help. My Fiesta is an old one so that's reassuring to know that it will fit.

JuneMummy Wed 14-Sep-11 21:22:22

I have fitted my DS's TWE in a 3 door fiesta and it fitted lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now