Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Rearfacing for scenic/peugeout 307sw/multipa

(9 Posts)
sleepevader Sat 10-Sep-11 18:46:23

Hi an thinking ahead for when we will be needing RF for current unborn! We are so far away from anywhere that stocks RF except the multi tech which is a no go as scenic has storage boxes.

Britax twe would seem like a good choice but how could I know it fits? Where do you order them?

Anyone got The above cars that could comment.Multipa is a car we have in mind to possibly replace scenic.

thisisyesterday Sat 10-Sep-11 22:08:43

whereabouts are you? driving distance to milton keynes? or essex?

nicm Sat 10-Sep-11 23:17:24

hi, i had a grand scenic and got a twe for it. it fitted really well in the front(with the air bag off) and rear seat. i got mine from in car safety centre in belfast , also in milton keynes.

smile

lisad123 Sat 10-Sep-11 23:19:55

my multipa fits a britax first class se, but be warned the multipla has short seat belts (well my old one does)

lisad123 Sat 10-Sep-11 23:21:21

britax also do fit finder. You go on their wensite put in your car and it tells you which of their seats fit smile

sleepevader Sat 10-Sep-11 23:39:33

Thanks guys. Long way from anyway. Think milton Keynes 5/6hrs!

sleepevader Sun 25-Sep-11 09:32:39

Quick bump.

sleepevader Sun 25-Sep-11 09:33:37

Scenic is 02 plate. Peugeot 04 plate

lenats31 Sun 25-Sep-11 21:39:08

Unfortunately the fitfinders don´t take front seat space into consideration. This is simply impossible as parents are very different and cars too. In other words, they ONLY state in what cars the seat can be safely installed into, and wether or not the seat is okay spacewise, is a personal matter.

The underfloor storage boxes are not that big of an issue. The problem is that most supportlegs are 8 cm wide or so, and so spread crashforces over a very small area of the lids. If you fill the stoarge rooms with things like phonebooks, crash forces are spread across the entire lid, reducing the risk of it breaking significantly. Many seats with footprops do not get approved for these cars because of the storage boxes and the risk that people will just put a footprop on top of them without filling the rooms or remove the lids and install the footprops on the bottom of the rooms. Risk of the lid failing under the load is all it really is - and sometimes the footprop not reaching the floor.

Cars with storage rooms tend to have rearseats that sit high off the floor, so some seats will have trouble reaching the floor with the footprop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now