Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

If you live in/near Birmingham and want an extended rear facing or Kiddy carseat...

(9 Posts)
aswellasyou Sun 28-Aug-11 21:40:47

...there are loads in International Stock in Kings Heath at massive reductions.

Off the top of my head, they have (all ex display or new without packaging);
Kiddy Infinty Pro £66
Kiddy Comfort Pro £89
Kiddy Guardian Pro £96
Britax Multi Tech £110
Recaro Polaric £104
Britax Secura Hi-Way £56 (tethers missing)
Plus lots of discounted HBBs and forward facing seats but I took no notice of them.

Morebounceperounce Thu 01-Sep-11 19:07:40

Thanks for posting this, I went today and got two new Rocaro Polaris seats, saving myself nearly £200 I reckon! Wish I'd taken your list as the Rocaro was the only one I could identify as rear facing (embarrassing lack of research emoticon).

aswellasyou Fri 02-Sep-11 21:56:35

grin You're welcome. The only ones I recognised the first time I went there recently were the Polarics too. They keep getting new ones in and I keep looking at them despite not driving and having two seats already. blush

thisisyesterday Sat 03-Sep-11 22:12:10

i'm not but i wish i was!

i don't even need another seat but i do hate missing a bargain! lol

aswellasyou Sun 04-Sep-11 10:16:11

thisisyesterday, I'm exactly the same. grin My sister bought a Kiddy Guardian Pro last week because they're so cheap. I was trying to think up a reason to need a third seat, but I couldn't!

thisisyesterday Sun 04-Sep-11 12:02:11

you see i need an extra seat for my parents car... but sadly i am nowhere near birmingham and i suspect the diesel to get there and back would cancel out my saving lol

would love a multitech though, or the secura hi-way (i already have spare tethers)
or the guardian pro.... do you know whether the base on them is narrow? i need a seat to fit in the middle of a renault scenic?

aswellasyou Sun 04-Sep-11 17:31:31

The Guardian's base looks narrow to me. I could measure it tomorrow for you if you like. I'd offer to buy a MultiTech or Hi-Way and post it to you but I don't know how I'd package it as they don't come with the box. If you're serous about wanting one, I could look into finding something to put a seat in. Just let me know.

thisisyesterday Sun 04-Sep-11 21:12:51

aww thanks that's really kind. if you could measure that would be great.

am trying to think who i could go and visit and take in b'ham as well lol

aswellasyou Mon 05-Sep-11 17:43:30

I've just measured the Kiddy Guardian Pro at 43.5cm at its widest point, so is smaller than the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix at 45cm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now