Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Pull along car seat...

(14 Posts)
pugh Wed 17-Aug-11 12:07:29

for when travelling.

Anyone seen these? I have seen folk in airports with s'thing similar. Looks like the seat slots onto wheel with a bar. S you have the seat till you get to the gate and acts as transport in airport yet have car seat for destination?

Travelling with a 2.5 yo and 3 mo later this year and trying to figure out options...

Cheers!

BertieBotts Wed 17-Aug-11 12:12:50

I've seen threads about them, and people who have used them. General consensus is that they are good in airports where the ground is smooth, but not so much for your average UK town (if you were planning to use it there)

pugh Wed 17-Aug-11 12:18:29

Just thinking of using it in the airport. No idea even what they are called so I can look it up! Expense of buyng one would offset vs hiring car seats at destination.also had rubbish car seats in the past so probably easier just taking it with putting baby in hold and have pushchair and pull along car seat...then again:might be easier to stay at home!

BertieBotts Wed 17-Aug-11 13:05:57

I don't know what the actual safety specs of the pull along car seat are, if you're concerned about safety. I have a feeling that may have been pulled up on last time I saw it discussed. Do you have a double pushchair which will take a car seat for the youngest? Then you could either buy a cheap one at destination or hire for the eldest, or have you checked if you can take one in the hold? If you're going abroad it might be worth starting a thread called "Car seats in France" or whatever country and then seeing if anyone can recommend a cheap brand which is good, or a hire company which has good quality seats.

Danthe4th Wed 17-Aug-11 13:13:32

Have you thought about just using a luggage travel trolley with a strap to secure the car seat.

Danthe4th Wed 17-Aug-11 13:16:19

Found this but I don't know if you can get it in the uk www.theportablebaby.com/gogokidz.html but to me theres a travel trolley for £17 on amazon that would do the same job.

saoirse86 Wed 17-Aug-11 13:45:40

My sister has the Klippan Kiss 2 for her DD and it's that kind of thing. It's basically a birth - 18kg seat that has a kind of built in infant carrier. You use the recline thing to slip it out, then there are handles you pull out from either side to carry it, or a long handle in the back you pull out to wheel it around. It's great at the moment but the removeable bit isn't that big and is heavy to carry (and she's only about 19lb). It's also really expensive!

Info here and here.

BertieBotts Wed 17-Aug-11 13:48:20

Could you technically use the Klippan one for both then? With the baby in the infant carrier, and the toddler in the main seat? But use the push along function to transport both seats at once.

saoirse86 Wed 17-Aug-11 14:41:35

I might have misunderstood what you're asking, but if you mean can one seat be used for 2 children at the same time then no. When you take the infant carrier bit out there's just a big gap. It's then just a frame with a head support.

HerRoyalNotness Wed 17-Aug-11 14:44:11

I use a travel trolley, like you'd put a small suitcase on, with bungy straps. works just fine.

notfarmingatthemo Wed 17-Aug-11 15:32:35

There is this as well. Depends if you need the car seats or not. will the 2'5 walk or do you use a buggy board.
Went on holiday with a friend and her 9mth and 4 year old. I carried pushed baby to plane buggy then went in hold. I had baby in sling to get off the plane we the got the board out of the case when we got the buggy and the cases back.

BertieBotts Wed 17-Aug-11 15:41:25

Ah okay. So the infant seat converts into part of the seat for an older child?

HappyAsASandboy Wed 17-Aug-11 15:50:23

The JoJoMamanBebe catalogue has trollies for infant carriers in it. I think they're £35. They attach to the back of the infant carrier, then when you take the carrier out of the car, you just pull up the pull bar and off you go :-) They look good, but using think wealding twins in them would be too hard so I haven't tried them!

pugh Thu 18-Aug-11 07:54:21

Thanks everyone. Thinkingnof taking two seats and a single buggy but 2 yo only walks so far then not at all. So for her seat looking to pull along. Will have a look at links!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now