Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

When did your DC get too heavy for a group 1 seat? 18kg/how old??

(7 Posts)
Lady1nTheRadiator Tue 16-Aug-11 10:29:55

I sort of assumed that DS would have outgrown it by 4 and then would go into a high backed booster, and DD could go into his seat when she's too big for hers but maybe I will need two group 1 seats?

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Tue 16-Aug-11 11:06:10

18 Kg was 3.5 yo for DD1 but she was on above the 91th % so it depends on which growth curve your DS is. If you follow the curve on the red book you can have a rough idea when he will hit 18 kg, or when your DD will need a group 1.

Lady1nTheRadiator Tue 16-Aug-11 15:16:49

Thanks, I'll have to weigh him properly and have a look, the red book didn't even occur to me blush

ragged Tue 16-Aug-11 15:25:10

My DC don't hit 18kg until about 7yo, lol.

sazm Wed 17-Aug-11 10:41:30

mine were too tall before they reached the weight limit. i would probably buy a new 1-2-3 group seat for your older child and use the group 1 for your younger when the time comes smile

Seona1973 Thu 18-Aug-11 21:20:16

ds reached 18kgs just before he was 3

rushofbloodtothefeet Thu 18-Aug-11 21:27:14

Isn't it more about when he reaches the lower limit for group 2 seat which is 15Kg I think? We had a similar dilemma with DD who is on the 25th centile for weight so is only just 15Kg at 4.5. We had to move her up a seat earlier this year and got a Jane Montecarlo Plus which is a group 2, but can also be used with an impact cushion (like the Kiddy ones) which makes it suitable from 9Kg. We have only just stopped using the impact cushion which she is happy about (though we still use it on long motorway journeys because I think it is safer)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now