Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

rear facing and head room

(7 Posts)
Debs75 Thu 11-Aug-11 20:37:12

DD2 is almost 3 and I noticed today that her head is at the top of her recaro polaric.
Is it the same rules as with a 0 stage seat that if their head is at the top they need a bigger seat?
I already have the kiddy pro to put her in so it;s not a problem it's just a bit early as dd2 11m is to have the rf next and she has loads of room in her 0 stage seat

nicm Thu 11-Aug-11 21:37:58

hi, it is the top of the ears for the group 1.

smile

sazm Fri 12-Aug-11 11:46:10

is it not the top of their head though if they are rear facing?

Debs75 Fri 12-Aug-11 13:53:03

HMM I'm still no better off. I would of assumed that the rules for a rf 0stage seat would be the same for a stage 1 rf seat.
Ideally she would stay in it till christmas which is when we think dd3 will outfrow her 0stage seat. And that way we don't have to mess about taking it out and getting the ssller to refit it. I think I will give him a ring and see what he says

nicm Fri 12-Aug-11 17:50:26

i have the hi-way ii and it says in the instructions that it is the eye level. i also found it here, i used google translate. www.sikkerautostol.dk/2010/09/stolen-udvokset/
hth

smile

Loopymumsy Fri 12-Aug-11 21:47:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Debs75 Sun 21-Aug-11 07:52:22

i e-mailed the manufacturer and it is top of ears inline with the top of the seat.
that means she has about an inch and a half growing room left

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now