Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Rear facing car seats - group 1

(9 Posts)
HettySpaghetti Thu 11-Aug-11 09:52:45

My DD is getting a little big for her Maxi Cosi group 0 seat. She's nearly 11 months. I've heard that rear facing seats are the safest and some recommend them until they are 4 years. They're 5 times safer and less of an impact on the neck and spine and a 90% reduction in damage or death. Has anyone got one or could recommend one? I like the idea of her facing forward but not if the rear facing is much safer.

Pootles2010 Thu 11-Aug-11 09:59:24

It depends a lot on size of car. Ours was just too small unfortunately, so we ended up with a Kiddie comfort pro, which is the safest of front-facing on Which. We have a Skoda Fabia.

HettySpaghetti Thu 11-Aug-11 10:07:29

I have a Ford Fiesta.

ImpyCelyn Thu 11-Aug-11 10:10:22

We've just got a new car, but I had a ford fiesta and when I asked about RF seats I was told the Britaw Two Way Elite would fit in, and maybe some of the others. When I started a thread about them people really recommended them. Now we have a different car we'll have to look again, but if it fits that's probably what I'll go with.

worldgonecrazy Thu 11-Aug-11 10:15:43

We have a Besafe Izi Combi Isofix which fits into a 3 door Nissan Micra and still leaves leg room for the front passenger.

Pootles2010 Thu 11-Aug-11 10:33:44

Gosh thats really impressive! Maybe we were looking at wrong ones. Oh well, its done now.

aswellasyou Thu 11-Aug-11 10:36:52

The Klippan Kiss takes up the same room as the Izi Combi so that's likely to fit too. It fits in my Mum's 3 door 207 with the driver's seat almost all the way back.

zingzillachinchilla Thu 11-Aug-11 10:41:21

We have the BeSafe Izi Combi Isofix and I agree with others - it's about the same size as other seats. It does reduce legroom in the front passenger seat somewhat, though. It's a great seat, and my DD (2.2) is not cramped in any way when facing rearwards. Hoping she's rear-facing in it until she's 4.

brachy Thu 11-Aug-11 21:25:37

My TWE fits in our old Polo. My neighbour has a Golf and has a BeSafe Izi Combi fitted behind the passenger seat.
Our TWE is normally in the Zafira so no issues with space there.
The TWE has been brilliant, my DD was harnessed until a few months after she turned 6 and DS (22 months) is rearfacing happily. Highly recommended!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now