Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

seeing children in rear facing car seats?

(12 Posts)
babybear5 Mon 04-Jul-11 21:53:35

I have 3 rear facing children in the car when im driving. I have a sharan, so 7 seats, but the middle 3 rear face. Because the headrests are high and rear facing car seats large i am unable to see anything of what the children are up to. I have put up 3 rear facing mirrors, one directed on each child, on the boot window but they keep falling off when boot opened and shut and because of sun/heat etc. Does anyone have a solution for seeing the children whislt driving?

sazm Mon 04-Jul-11 22:08:08

do you have the middle 3 seats rearfacing while driving? or do you mean,you have 3 rf car seats fitted in the middle row?

babybear5 Mon 04-Jul-11 22:13:25

I have 1 rear facing car seat and 2 seats in the middle row that rear face, so seeing over the top of them or round them is a nightmare. The rear facing car seat which takes the kiddimirror to view them i cant see because of the bulky seat and the other two obviously dont have a headrest in front of them. Does that make sense confused

moonstorm Mon 04-Jul-11 22:26:10

Could you get a video/ camera thing rigged up???

babybear5 Mon 04-Jul-11 22:34:34

now there's an idea...may beworth a go. thank you moonstorm smile

sazm Mon 04-Jul-11 22:48:55

so the 2 seats in the middle row are rearfacing while you drive? what carseats are you using on them?

aswellasyou Mon 04-Jul-11 23:14:22

Is there a sunroof above them? If there is, maybe you could find a mirror with suction pads that could stick to it. I'm clutching at straws here I know. We're having a similar issue in my sister's car with two ERF seats in the back. She has a sunroof above them so I may look for something like this for her car.

TYBear Tue 05-Jul-11 13:46:33

I have two RF in the back and each has a mirror like this attached to the headrest of the seat that their car seat is attached to, if that makes sense. For how they are attached, see this picture. The attaching belt is wrapped around the posts of the headrest and tightened and they I move the mirror to suit me in the front. I never need to adjust them because the DC can't reach them from their RF seats and they don't get kicked as they get in/out because they are nice and high up on the headrests.

TYBear Tue 05-Jul-11 13:47:38

Oh, I see the other two , don't have a headrest, sorry!

babybear5 Thu 07-Jul-11 21:56:20

Samz...the two rear facing seats while i am driving have integral toddler seats. So 5 piont harness toddler seat with headrest etc built into seat..just facing back of car. Confusing I know but i see i am not alone in struggling with mirrors etc. So frustrating to not be able to see them.

babybear5 Thu 07-Jul-11 21:57:12

sorry sazm..spelt you wrong. Wasn't looking carefully.

vigglewiggle Thu 07-Jul-11 21:59:57

What do you think they are getting up to? You might be better off looking where you are going!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now