Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Does anyone know if the maxi cosi seats fit cars with isofix base?

(13 Posts)
HenriMoose Wed 29-Jun-11 12:02:48

Our car has the isofix system, but I'm not sure if this is compatible with any of the maxi cosi seats....any advice welcomed...

notfarmingatthemo Wed 29-Jun-11 13:17:45

you need to look on the maxi cosy web site to check weather it fits your car. I have tried both cars I have had recently no results on any issofix seat on that website. So if know look I would call them or email

BikeRunSki Wed 29-Jun-11 13:25:07

I have had isofix d hooks in both cars I have had since DS, and the maxi cosi stage 0 base has fitted both. A4 and Fabia. Actually Polo too.

nannyl Thu 30-Jun-11 19:37:49

just make sure you dont have foot storage compartments.

If you do, then maxi cosi group 0 and group 1 car seats will not safely fit due to the foot pole.

thisisyesterday Sat 02-Jul-11 22:09:30

any isofix seat should fit if you have isofix points in your car.

nannyl Sat 02-Jul-11 22:29:52

thisisyesturday, even with isofix points, most isofix points will NOT fit if there is alsoa floor compartment. VERY annoying.
You cant use any seat or base with a floor pole if you have isofix AND foot stores angry

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Sat 02-Jul-11 22:46:28

Renault told me their under floor storage had been tested and so the foot prop was fine to use.....

thisisyesterday Sun 03-Jul-11 09:02:57

that's good to know tryingtobemarypoppins!

Ford also sell a block you can put inside the storage compartment to make it safe

so come on citroen (and all the others)... sort it!

nannyl Sun 03-Jul-11 09:22:47

oooh thats interesting marypoppins.

I might start harassing citroen, though i cant imagine it will help!

thisisyesterday Sun 03-Jul-11 21:20:54

i have seen somewhere suggest taking the cover off and see if the footprop will extend to the bottom.
also a friend has a renault and a besafe and she got round it by moving the seat either forward or back, can't remmeber which and it meant the foot just misses the hole now

allthefires Sat 23-Jul-11 15:50:14

We have a renault neither the easybase or the new family fix will extend to the floor of the bottom of the storage box.

Dorel (maxi-cosi) have advised this is the only way they would advise fitting of a base in a car with storage boxes.

izz2009 Fri 05-Aug-11 13:33:41

These seem to be Isofix systems (link)

However, if you do opt for a non Isofix System (as we did so that we could transfer them between cars), I'd fully recommend the Maxi Cosi Tobi (link) as the seat was secured in all four corners. We bought a second for our DD too.

Hope this helps, Izz

justforinfo Mon 08-Aug-11 23:03:17

The family fix has the pebble for group 0 (newborn-13kg) then the pearl, which is a forward facing group 1 for 13kg - 18kg. The familyfix lasts the longest as it's 1 base and 2 seats. But honestly, I wouldn't have a FF group 1! I would defo look at a rear-facing group 1 as their so much safer!

Also....you can't have a base with foot prop if your car has floor compartments!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now